What about physiotherapy ?
Also called "physical therapy", physiotherapy aims to improve or rehabilitate the body's function and ability to move through specific training and the use of non-invasive treatments (e.g manual therapy, massage, heat therapy and cryotherapy ...)
Initially, the therapist carries out a detailed physiontherapeutic assessment. The treatment is then adapted to the individual conditions of the patient with the following objectives :
- To understand how the body works and to improve the perception of resources and sources of error (e.g bad posture, bad stress, bad training)
- Triggering a natural healing response in the body (e.g muscle development, motor learning, metabolic stimulation)
- Encouraging people to take control of their own bodies. Physiotherapists are experts in the field of physical dysfunctions and pain. This discipline is independent of conventional medicine and is part of basic health care. Helping the patient to be independent, to be healthier or to maintain his or her health is part of the daily routine in physiotherapy. The aim is to improve the patient's quality of life. To achieve this, physiotherapists strengthen several physical functions (e.g standing up, walking, climbing stairs, endurance exercises), recovering normal motion on the stiff joints and decreasing pain.
Types of desease
In principle, every disease of the human musculoskeletal system can be treated with physiotherapy.
Here are some examples :
- Injuries and rehabilitation
Physiotherapy can provide targeted support for the healing of tendons, ligaments, bones and muscles, whether as a result of an accident, surgery or sports injuries. With the help of physiotherapists, the musculoskeletal system can in most cases be restored to normal function.
- Chronic pain / Lifestyle disease
Lifestyle disease are non-communicable diseases. They are caused by lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating, substance use disorder etc.
Many people suffer from tension in the back and other joints: shoulder, elbow, wrist and this leads to tension headaches. Physiotherapeutic measures can treat these pains in a targeted manner and contribute to their long-term relief.
- Age-related disorders
Physiotherapists are specialized in the treatment of disorders caused by arthritis, rheumatism, dizziness or balance problems, as well as gait disorders. Therfore, physiotehrapy is able to help significantly patient, avoiding falls and greatly improving mobility and independence.
- Burnout and stress
Many people deal with high levels stresses, wich often result in tension, pain and psychosomatic disorders. Physiotherapy is often a very good complement to psychological treatment. Many scientist researches proved that often-physical activity and massage reduce levels of stress.
Physiotherapy at the Clinique Générale
The Physiotherapy Center of the Clinique Générale is made up of 6 skilled and knowledgeable physiotherapists. They work on traumatology, rheumatology, orthopedics, neurology, oncology, injuries and pathology of sport, balance disorders and respiratory disorders.
Our team of physiotherapists handle all patients hospitalized at the Clinique Générale according to a personalized treatment plan in order to recover independently.
In addition, since January 2020, an outpatient physiotherapy center has opened. Equipped with 3 treatments rooms and a fitness area, we take care of all patients regardless of their insurance coverage. Each patient is free to choose the physiotherapist who will follow you throughout your treatment.
Physiotherapy sessions prescribed by a doctor are reimbursed by the basic health insurance (LaMal), by the accident insurance (AI) or other insurances.
We are available from Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 6 pm.
Languages spoken :